Eden Gardens is a cricket ground in Kolkata, India.
? to Contact Eden Gardens Stadium Customer Support/Phone Number
Customer Care phone: +91-033 2248 2447, +91-033 24759880
Eden Gardens Stadium Registered office address
Maidan, B.B.D. Bagh, Kolkata, West Bengal 700021, India.
About Eden Gardens Stadium
Ends: High Court End, Pavilion End
Association Name: The Cricket Association of Bengal
The hallowed turf of Eden Gardens is located in the heart of Kolkata, West Bengal in India. Also known as the home of Indian cricket, it is the country’s oldest stadium and also, the largest in terms of capacity. It can now accommodate around 68,000 people since its renovation before the 2011 World Cup.
- The Eden Gardens is the largest cricket stadium in India and the third-largest in the world in terms of seating capacity.
- It is widely acknowledged to be one of the most iconic cricket stadiums in the world. It has been called “cricket’s answer to the Coliseum.
- It has a reputation for staging the most passionate and vocal crowd and has almost become like a place of pilgrimage for most international cricketers.
- It played host to the iconic India-Australia Test series in 2001 wherein VVS Laxman scored a glorious 281 which remains the highest score at the ground.
- The pitch at Eden Gardens has traditionally been on the slower side and good for batting, assisting spin bowlers very early.
Eden Gardens Stadium Overview
- Established in 1864.
- It is the oldest and second-largest cricket stadium in India after the newly built Sardar Patel Stadium and third in the world after Sardar Patel Stadium and Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- The stadium currently has a capacity of 68,000.
Review Eden Gardens Stadium
Rate Eden Gardens Stadium Customer Care
Click on the below stars to rate.