Hoover Dam is a concrete arch-gravity dam in the Black Canyon of the Colorado River, on the border between the U.S. states of Nevada and Arizona. It was constructed between 1931 and 1936 during the Great Depression and was dedicated on September 30, 1935, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
How to Contact Hoover Dam Customer Support/Phone Number?
Customer Care phone: 702-494-2517
Email: [email protected]
Hoover Dam registered office address
81 Hoover Dam Access Rd, Boulder City, Nevada 89005, United States
Hoover Dam Overview
- Named after President Herbert Hoover in 1947, the construction of the dam spanned over 6 years, and generates energy for 1.3 million people, for the past 80 years.
- Construction of the dam, started in 1931 and is structurally a concrete gravity-arch dam, measuring 221m in height, and 379m in length, and has a capacity holding of 2,480,000 cubic metres.
- Construction began: 1931
- Opening date: 1936
How to find Hoover Dam?
You can check here
Contact Hoover Dam support on Social Media (click on the icons)
About Hoover Dam
Hoover Dam is a man made wonder, and is the largest producer of hydroelectric power in the United States. Meticulously designed and constructed, the architectural style is visually appealing, amidst the backdrop of the mountainous terrains, with breath-taking views of Lake Mead. Hoover Dam, originally known as the ‘Boulder Dam’ stands built in the Black Canyon, nestled between the States of Nevada and Arizona, in the United States. Named after President Herbert Hoover in 1947, the construction of the dam spanned over 6 years, and generates energy for 1.3 million people, for the past 80 years. Entirely built of concrete, the dam is actively functional as a power generator, flood control, and as a water reservoir.
Hoover Dam Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
How tall is Hoover Dam?
- It is 726.4 feet from foundation rock to the roadway on the crest of the dam.
- The towers and ornaments on the parapet rise 40 feet above the crest.
How many men were employed during the dam’s construction?
- A total of 21,000 men worked on the dam with an average of 3,500 and a maximum of 5,218 daily, which occurred in June 1934.
- The average monthly payroll was $500,000.
Review Hoover Dam
Rate Hoover Dam Customer Care
Click on below stars to rate