Thanksgiving Day 2023 in USA
What can we do? How can we celebrate? These are few ideas for thanks giving.
- Thanksgiving Day 2023 is a national holiday celebrated in the United States and Canada. It is a day to give thanks for the blessings of the year, including the harvest, family, and friends.
- In the United States, Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. In 2023, Thanksgiving Day will be celebrated on November 23rd.
- The day after Thanksgiving Day is known as Black Friday, which is the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. This article provides more information on Thanksgiving Day in the United States.
Date: 23 November 2023, Location: United States.
History of Thanksgiving Day
- Thanksgiving Day has been an annual holiday in the United States since 1863. However, the history of Thanksgiving Day dates back to the 1620s, when the Pilgrims arrived in America and settled in Plymouth, Massachusetts. They had a difficult first winter but with the help of the Native Americans, were able to grow crops and have a successful harvest in the fall of 1621. To celebrate their harvest, the Pilgrims held a three-day feast, which is considered the first Thanksgiving.
- In 1789, President George Washington proclaimed a national day of thanksgiving to be celebrated on November 26th. However, it was not until 1863, during the Civil War, that President Abraham Lincoln declared the last Thursday in November to be a national day of thanksgiving.
- In 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed a bill making Thanksgiving Day an official national holiday and setting the date as the fourth Thursday in November.
Celebrations on Thanksgiving Day
What are the gifts can be sent
- Thanksgiving Day is a time for families and friends to come together and enjoy a meal.
- The traditional meal includes a roast turkey, stuffing, potatoes, vegetables, cranberry sauce, gravy, and pumpkin pie. Many families have their own traditions and may add other dishes to the meal.
- Some families may also watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, which is held in New York City and is one of the most loved events in the city. The parade features giant balloons, floats, marching bands, and celebrities. Millions of people across the country watch it live on television.
Things you can do on Thanksgiving Day
- Thanksgiving is a time to gather with family and friends, express gratitude, and enjoy a delicious meal. However, there are many other ways to celebrate this holiday. Take time to express gratitude for the people and things in your life. You can write thank-you notes to the people you love.
- Thanksgiving is a great time to give back to your community. You can volunteer at a local food bank or donate to a charity that supports those in need. If you can’t be with your loved ones on Thanksgiving, consider sending them a gift to show you care. Some ideas include a Thanksgiving-themed bouquet, a gift basket of fall treats, or a personalized card expressing your gratitude.
Thanksgiving Day is a time to reflect on the blessings of the year and to spend time with loved ones. The most important thing about Thanksgiving is spending time with loved ones and expressing gratitude. Whether you’re enjoying a traditional meal or trying something new, make sure to take time to appreciate the people and things in your life.